The following documents describe where our work originates from, including the history of Freshplace, a food pantry program in Hartford, CT.
- Changing the Conversation about Hunger Article
- Please complete and submit this form before accessing the Freshplace manual.
- Freshplace Manual
Links to full text articles about the Freshplace program:
- Martin K, Grady J, Wu R, Wolff M, Colantonio A. Food Pantry Program Improves Food Security, Self Sufficiency and Diet Quality. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, November 2013.
- Robaina K, Martin K. Food Insecurity is related to Poor Diet Quality and Obesity among Food Pantry Participants in Hartford, CT. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012 Dec.
- Martin K, Shuckerow M, O’Rourke C, Schmitz A. Changing the Conversation about Hunger – the Process of Developing Freshplace. Progress in Community Health Partnerships, Johns Hopkins Press. 2012.
- Martin K, Colantonio A, Picho K, Boyle K. Self-efficacy is Associated with Increased Food Security in Novel Food Pantry Program. Social Science and Medicine - Population Health. 2016.
Research briefs on pantries offering More Than Food:
- Baseline report for the Fresh Start program in El Paso, August 2016
- One year outcomes for the Fresh Start program in El Paso, February 2017
- Findings from Fresh Start, El Paso, December 2017